Veterans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community for RS2006.

PortalHomeDonateLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join Veteran's dedicated Mumble or Minecraft server! IP for both: 178.32.159.105

How to run your own Runescape Private Server

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
James Mack
Steel Local
Steel Local
James Mack

Ingame name: : James Mack

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Empty
PostSubject: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Ever wondered how people manage to run Private Servers? Well wonder no more! Today, I'll be showing you how to run your own Private Server, based of the "Deltascape Server" !

Step1: INSTALLING JAVA (REQUIRED)

First and foremost, you will need to download JDK. JDK stands for "Java Development Kit", developed by Oracle, and is a must for all Private Servers. JDK, in this case, will be running your server, compiling (Which I will explain later) and running your client.

You can download the latest JDK by clicking here.

To find out what version you want to download, go to "start", then rick click "computer" then scroll down and click "Properties" from the drop down menu. I'll be getting the "Windows 64bit" version:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Comput10

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Donate11

Double click the version you want, and make sure you have "Accept" checked. Once your file has downloaded, click "Run". Then, click next, and your JDK will now install.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Adaman11

To check that JDK has installed, head to C:/ProgramFiles/Java and you should see three folders labelled: Jdk1.6.0_25, Jdk1.7.0_0.1 and Jre7 - If so, congratulations, you have succesfully installed Java!

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur10

Step2: INSTALLING WINRAR (REQUIRED)
Winrar is a great piece of software, used to compress large amounts of files in to one small, easily managable file. Once again, when downloading Winrar, you need to check what type suits you (e.g. Windows x32) - see above steps if you are unsure.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server 805-ru20

To install, double click the download you want, and then click "run" and then follow the steps for installation. Once again, to check that Winrar has succesfully installed, go to C:/ProgramFiles/Winrar and then locate "WINRAR.EXE" - it should have the icon of a book.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur17

Step3: PORTFOWARDING YOUR ROUTER (OPTIONAL)

(Note: Steps 3 and 4 are completely optional. Only follow these steps if you want your server to be online on other computers, so you can play with friends).

Before following the below steps, you will need to find out how to portfoward your router. It's simple, however, the process varies for nearly everyone depending on your router. Your best bet is to go on to Google and look up tutorials.

Step3: OBTAINING AN IP ADDRESS FOR YOUR PRIVATE SERVER (OPTIONAL)

Before starting this step, make sure you have portfowarded your router.

Now, click here to visit "No-Ip", which will allow you to obtain a server IP address - basically, it's an address which allows you to put your server online for everyone to play.

Once you're on the homepage, click "Client login" and then click "Create account" below where you login. Alternatively, click here for a direct link.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Tutor12

You will now be now brought to a page like this:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Screen14

Now select "FREE DNS".

Once you have created your account, head to "Your No-Ip" and click "Manage Hosts" on the far right. Now, select "Add a Host".

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Screen15

You can now customise your host. You want to be using "No-Ip.biz" or "No-Ip.net" - nothing else. Make sure your page looks exactly like mine, just replace the "INSERT HOSTNAME HERE" with your own hostname:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Oak_sh13

STEP5: SETTING YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES

Setting your "Environmental variables" will tell your server where to locate and run Java. There are two ways of doing it: The complicated way, and the mega-easy way. Let's take the mega-easy way!

First, you will need to download some software called "Variable setter" by clicking here.

Click "I accept" and then scroll down the thread to find "Download". Now, click "Run" or "Save". You [b]MUST
right click "Run as administrator" otherwise it will not work.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur11

If you get this message, click "Open normally". Don't be alarmed if you see this message - this software is created and run by Java, and Avast doesn't always understand .Exe files.

Once, your EV setter is open, it should look like this:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur12

Ignore the settings labelled "Path" and "New", all you need to do now is click "search" and locate your JDK folder in C:/ProgramFiles/Java and select the same folder as I do:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Evsett10

Step6: Obtaining a source and client

Now, you may be thinking: what an earth is a source or client? Well, a source is a folder that contains all the code needed for your server. A client, on the other hand, is basically the motor that drives all that code in to server. Think of it simply as a coal power station: The coal is the source, while the blast furnace, which is the client, burns the coal to power the turbine, which is the whole server.

Downloads for the very best sources and clients are available here:

http://www.runebit.com/index.php?/topic/19-list-of-exceptional-sources/

You want to be, however, only downloading "Hyperion". Apollo, unfortunately, is one of the most bugged servers out there, and has a source and client that is not well written.

Alternatively, my personal favourite, "Deltascape" source and client can be downloaded by clicking here.

Either way, double click on the file links and click "open".

You will now be redirected to winrar.

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur14

(Please note that not all folders look like this)

Highlight all files except "..." and then click "Extract to" and click your preferred file location while your folders will be put - preferably somewhere you can remember like the desktop. Do this for both the source and client.

Step7: RUNNING YOUR SERVER

Congratulations, your almost there - not far to go now!

Now, go in to your "source" folder and find a file named "Run" with a file extension called "WINDOWS BATCH FILE" - double click it, and leave it open. If you downloaded deltascape, it will look like this:

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur15

Now, time to run your client. Go in to your "Client" folder and find a file called "Runserver" also with a "Windows batch file" file extension. Now double click it. REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR "Run" FILE OPEN BEFORE CLICKING THIS!!

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur15

Another black box will open saying "Press any key to continue" - if so, congratulations, you have succesfully opened your server!

Your server will now run. You should now have a screen similar to mine. Enter any username you wish in to the "Username" section and any password you wish in to the "Password" section. You can leave the "Server IP" section blank (Not all servers allow this - if so, enter "127.0.0.1") or enter your No-Ip address you created earlier!

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur11

How to run your own Runescape Private Server Captur16

Congratulations! You now have your very own private server!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, please leave feedback below. Thanks again! And, please don't hesitate check out my "Private Server tricks" tutorial below!

Runescape Private server tricks guide!

James Mack

I want to enter GOTM #1

Back to top Go down
http://paradisers2006.forumotion.co.uk/forum
Alive
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Alive

Ingame name: : Iamgod

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Its really good.
Back to top Go down
http://FamilyVastaneLiit.forum.co.ee

Black Local
Black Local
ツ

Ingame name: : Red Partyhat

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Really useful, can tell that alot of effort was put into this.
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

Location : The Netherlands; Somewhere between a tree and a rock.
Ingame name: : Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Very nice guid, also if your just running a local server things can be skipped maybe you should note that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iliketrainz.com
Jwc
Steel Local
Steel Local
Jwc

Ingame name: : Jwc

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow awesome guide man. If only I could be bothered to do all that... XD
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

Location : The Netherlands; Somewhere between a tree and a rock.
Ingame name: : Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Jwc wrote:
Wow awesome guide man. If only I could be bothered to do all that... XD

That's only setting things up when it comes to programming it's a lot harder Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.iliketrainz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to run your own Runescape Private Server   How to run your own Runescape Private Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to run your own Runescape Private Server
Page 1 of 1