Veterans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial community for RS2006.

PortalHomeDonateLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join Veteran's dedicated Mumble or Minecraft server! IP for both: 178.32.159.105

Behind the scenes march

Go down 
+5
Zelektro
Wobbit
Haitred
Eka
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Black Local
Black Local
ツ

Ingame name: : Red Partyhat

Behind the scenes march Empty
PostSubject: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Quote :
March is going to be, by far, our biggest and busiest month. Not only are we very close to finishing what we need for Pre-Alpha, but the actual testing stage is soon to come!

The first thing on our list to complete for March is the "surprise", an unheard of update being kept secret by the server developers. Finishing this surprise will push us towards Pre-Alpha in a very large way. One thing I will reveal about this surprise is that it directly influences Pre-Alpha and huge improvements are being done in this surprise.

Next on the list for March is to completely finish the skills that have not yet been completed. You can track which have been done and which are close to being done on our project thread here. The major skills that need finishing is the long awaited Cooking, Agility, Runecrafting, and Farming, each of which are already nearly finished. We also want to fit in Pest Control for Pre-Alpha which has recently been talked about a lot on the forums. Besides that, we will begin preparing for the actual launch of Pre-Alpha.

Behind the scenes march FEARZ

Mod Vayken's progress with the Farming skill
Unfortunately, Pre-Alpha will not come out in March, but we still have some good news for those desperate to log in. This month we will have another Stability Test similar to the one we had in February. This time around though, we will not be playing a minigame. Instead, we will open the wilderness and the towns bordering it to test stability while you can enjoy our combat system. The Stability Test in March will be much better than the one we had in February because we have much improved our stability in the server already, and Mod Blake, our latest developer, will be doing massive improvements to it which is included in the "surprise".

Another huge event that will take place in March is that we will hit 100,000 members. None of us, even I, saw this coming at such a fast rate. We're growing 1,000 - 1,500 members on a daily basis and the amount of support we're getting from all of you is amazingly helpful and encouraging to keep us motivated and upbeat. So before we hit 100,000 and have a separate announcement on that, the team would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this possible.

When it comes to the website-sided part of RS2006, the website developers will be improving things to prepare ourselves for the bright future. We also plan on adding features that aren't visible to the public eye that will help the staff organize things in a better and easier way. Something that will arrive soon will be the Hiscores which we want available for Pre-Alpha and on to see who will raise to the top fastest. The team will also be adding the Knowledge base and other handy features to the website which may or may not replace the current Wiki we have unless it becomes more active.

The reason why Pre-Alpha is not yet here is because of the massive amounts of preparation needed to satisfy our huge player base. Just before March we hit 85,000 members, 52,000 of which are unique members (different people). We have to take into consideration a list of things before we have any testing stage. One thing I do want is to have Pre-Alpha out as soon as possible before we get any larger.

Make sure to follow us on other social networks to keep up with smaller updates (like this Behind the Scenes) on our Twitter account, and make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel as well to see, visually, the updates we've been making.

Mod Vault
Head of RS2006

Long story short: No Pre Alpha coming in March FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU FUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Eka
Site Management

Site Management
Eka

Ingame name: : Eka

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Behind the scenes march Rage_face
Back to top Go down
https://veterans.forum.co.ee
Haitred
Newcomer
Newcomer
Haitred

Ingame name: : Haitred

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 pm

oh well atleast we will be able to play the stability test this month.
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

Location : The Netherlands; Somewhere between a tree and a rock.
Ingame name: : Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't mind it but hopefully the stability test will work for me this time Razz

And to keep on topic:

FUUUUU
Back to top Go down
http://www.iliketrainz.com
Zelektro
Advertiser

Advertiser
Zelektro

Ingame name: : Zelektro

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Well, it'll come 1 time. xD
Back to top Go down
Jwc
Steel Local
Steel Local
Jwc

Ingame name: : Jwc

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Rushing Pre-alpha wouldn't be a good idea guys. We've got other content to look forward too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zelektro
Advertiser

Advertiser
Zelektro

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Agreed, rushing isn't neccesary. They have to take their time to be sure there are no bugs.
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

True, we can play minecraft if we want to Razz
Back to top Go down
Zelektro
Advertiser

Advertiser
Zelektro

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Pff.. Minecraft is boring. Very Happy It's like a pixel game..
Back to top Go down
Quest Cape
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff
Quest Cape

Ingame name: : quest cape

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:11 am

I am happy for the second stability test, and really looking forward to pre-alpha. If there will be high scores in pre-alpha it would motivate me more. However, I will just be exploring for the majority of it, not really minding what my stats are. But none of these compare to how happy I will be once rs2006 is officially released. Smile
Back to top Go down
Emilian
Steel Local
Steel Local
Emilian

Ingame name: : Emilian

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 pm

and Nick said "probably in March" lol
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Im very curious about how the highscores will look actually haven't seen them in 2006 because i was much not very into that Razz
Back to top Go down
Quest Cape
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff
Quest Cape

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 am

High scores will be a good replacement to skill-capes. Skill capes will promote botting hugely. High scores will as well, but not as much. I <3 High scores.
Back to top Go down

Black Local
Black Local
ツ

Ingame name: : Red Partyhat

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Wow, not much updates made in RS2006 in a while. x.X

And don't start telling me that they have lives ,bla...bla...bla.
Back to top Go down
Quest Cape
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff
Quest Cape

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 am

ツ wrote:

Lol i just want it to be released! Razz
Back to top Go down
Eka
Site Management

Site Management
Eka

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Well there was an update made today, firemaking was completly done! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Quest Cape wrote:
ツ wrote:

Lol i just want it to be released! Razz

Me too, but apparently they want it to be finished, or run away with the money LOL
Back to top Go down
Jwc
Steel Local
Steel Local
Jwc

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:06 am

They won't be 'running away with the money', I can assure you that Wink.
Back to top Go down
Eka
Site Management

Site Management
Eka

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:15 am

Jwc wrote:

Yup, cause they'll spend the money on cars so they don't need to run. Troll Face
Back to top Go down
Zelektro
Advertiser

Advertiser
Zelektro

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 am

Lol nice 1 Eka Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wobbit
Mithril Local
Mithril Local
Wobbit

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:24 pm

ℰᴷᵃ wrote:
Jwc wrote:

Yup, cause they'll spend the money on cars so they don't need to run. Troll Face

Troll Level 99. True dat. Razz Also nice that there's a firemaking update but where can I find it? I guess the update list??
Back to top Go down
Jwc
Steel Local
Steel Local
Jwc

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:15 pm

ℰᴷᵃ wrote:
Jwc wrote:

Lol +1 for that one (not like you need any more rep though ;o)
Back to top Go down
Emilian
Steel Local
Steel Local
Emilian

Ingame name: : Emilian

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

ℰᴷᵃ wrote:
Jwc wrote:

If they did, you would have made this forum for nothing LOL
Back to top Go down
Quest Cape
Ex-Staff
Ex-Staff
Quest Cape

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Emilian wrote:
ℰᴷᵃ wrote:
Jwc wrote:

If they did, you would have made this forum for nothing LOL

Not true at all, we have made amazing friendships through this forum! Smile Meme2
Back to top Go down
Nero
Iron Local
Iron Local
Nero

Ingame name: : Nero

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Well, the more we wait for them, the more we will have fun, no doubt about it.. but .. the time .. FUUUUUFUUUUUFUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind the scenes march   Behind the scenes march I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind the scenes march
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veterans :: RS2006 :: General-
Jump to: